Thursday, July 18, 2013

Poly + Life Decision.

Hellooooo ~ The promised post is here! P/s: gonna be a relatively long post :O

Basically, I'm in Diploma of Psychology Studies under the School of Humanities and Social Science (HSS) and no, I cannot read your mind. We know what you're thinking or feeling by observing and understanding your behaviour. And ya la I'm not that advanced yet LOL. What I'm doing now is assuming, not interpreting HAHA.

The modules that I'm currently taking are; Foundation Psychology A, Principles of Statistics, Academic Writing, Public Speaking, Introductory Research Methods, and IT Applications. Actually the first 3 mentioned are very very similar to Biology, Math and English respectively. In PSpeak, its all about speech.. almost every week we have to do a speech and yeap, examinations are speech-based too. So if you're good at expressing yourself through words and body language, you sure can ace one. Sadly, I'm not very good sigh. Then IRM is about doing researches and ITApps is like learning how to use Microsoft etc. Damn boring hate them the most zzzzz.

School so far was not bad. Friendly classmates, new group of friends, interesting lecturers/tutors and care-person. The only thing I can't adapt to is the need for independence in learning... which I don't really have la.  I'm so used to having a teacher to chase after me for homework and there are things such as extra lesson to cover up topics or remedials. Whereas in Poly, its either you go look for the lecturers (who are usually busy), ask your friends, or study yourself. For the first, I find it kinda awkward. Second, I don't like to bomb a lot of questions to my friend lest they get annoyed :( Last, I can never do that without procrastinating and at the end of the day, nothing is done. 

Well, what is good is that the deadlines for the assignments are always widely spread out. Meaning I don't have to rush 3 assignments at one go, its always one at a time. But because I procrastinate a lot....... I end up rushing altogether LOL. Also, my time-table ain't tight as well :DDDDD 

Even though its all not too bad.... I feel that I'm not enjoying life in Poly as much as others are.. Frankly speaking, Psychology is not what I really love. :/ During the JAE period, I had a tough decision on the second choice because I knew my first choice (Meridian JC, cause at that time other JCs weren't 'appealing ' to me) will definitely be unsuccessful, I was 2 points away. So my second choice was crucial. I was contemplating between Biomedical Science and Psych, so I chose Psych in the end because I was kinda interested in it. After which I got the results, which is obviously Psych, I emailed to make an appeal to Biomedical Science because I regretted and thought Science was an area I could do better in. Waited for a month+ and a letter was sent to inform me that it was unsuccessful. How sad. 

So I had no choice but to move on. Went for the Freshmen Orientation and met new friends blahblahblah and school started not long after. Few days after the start of school, I received a phone call from idk where, the woman on the other side of the phone said that there was vacancy and asked if I still wanna appeal. DENGDENG, I SAID NO.She reconfirmed with me and I said, YEAH NO. The phone call lasted for only 2 minutes and yes I made the decision instantly. WHY WAS I BEING DECISIVE AT THE WRONG TIMING. Okay la at that time I already started school and was used to the HSS ambiance (HAHA) and the lectures kinda interest me so I thought I should just stay. Anyway, I already bought the textbooks and my relatives said I will have a good prospect in this course LOL. 

Currently, my interest for it is still at a moderate level of 70%. So not too bad la..

But the term tests results disappoint me so much that I want to quit school. It made me realize that maybe Psych is really not my type. Obviously I can't make the decision right now because I think its all too early. Just maybe, the holiday break was too long and my engine have yet to warm up hahaha. So it all depends on Sem test now. I will study harder and try to score well for it. If I don't, I guess this ain't for me.. At that time, I will quit school and perhaps study Music, or go through JAE 2014.

Hmmm, actually I would love to study Music but I like no talent leh. I'm only best at opening concert in the bathroom. Happens everyday, 20 mins before I officially start showering HAHA. But then again ah, if I really study that, NO TALENT + NO DIPLOMA CERT = GO FLY KITE. So maybe I might consider just chionging for 2.5 more years in Poly for a Diploma cert (everyone needs back-up one mah right). Then meanwhile I go learn musical instrument or take up vocal lessons. I think it sounds better, doesn't it?

Okay to end this post I upload a picture of me in the bathroom everyday k?

Erm, imagine her with more flabby arms, wet and flat hair, darker skin. Ahya fatter version of her can. And er, asian face. TEEHEE.

-RCHM-

No comments:

Post a Comment