Sunday, September 15, 2013

BKK Trip + Class Chalet!!

It has been nearing a month since I last updated my blog! Haha, like I've said before... I get lazy all the time..xD Anyway, its the holidays already and therefore there is nothing much to blog about because my weekly routine has been: work, sleep, nua.

But..... between the 8th and 10th, I went for my virgin trip to Bangkok, Thailand!!!! Together with Liyana, and Ms Choo, our former tuition teacher, and her 8 years old daughter! It will be way too wordy if I were to type out everything so I shall spam photos and add some notes here and there okay? Because a picture speaks a thousand words! Hahaha okay can cliche I know :P But of course, highlights will be wordyyyyy. Here goes ~~
.
.
- MAJORITY OF THE PHOTO CREDIT GOES TO LIYANA -
.
.

~ DAY 1 ~

     
Candid shots taken by Liyana in the airport and plane, because she forever snaps when I'm not ready.

View from the airplane ~~

   

For the 3D2N, we stayed at Baiyoke Boutique Hotel, the sister of the tallest hotel in Bangkok, Baiyoke Sky. xD



Bhb photo-taking session while Ms Choo was checking into the hotel :P

 
There was this corner at the lobby and Liyana and I self-claimed it as our very own living room LOL. So we spent a significant amount of time sitting there like a boss, stealing the wifi from the restaurant beside it, and playing pool which cost only 80cents per game >=)

We booked a morning flight so we reached BKK at about 10? Then we took the MRT, which is known as BTS, to our hotel. Unpacked, rest a little and headed to Chatuchak, one of the biggest weekend wholesale market!! 

Miss Choo and her daughter, Celest :D


This is really similar to what Singapore's MRT has. But they also have one that looks like an arcade chip, really cool!



Map stolen from Google hehe. 


The wholesale market basically looks like a huge pasar malam, just that you can bargain like siao LOL. And in order to get the wholesale price, you gotta purchase at least 3 pieces. But some shops they allow you to get just 2 pieces, how good! 

We spent about 3 hours there and we only managed to cover like 1/6 of the area? So wasted!! After that we head back to the hotel via cab, rest again, and head down to the market just around the corner of our hotel (SUPER CONVENIENT). Then we settled our dinner at Platinum Mall, which is quite a distance from our hotel.

OH YA THE CABS IN BKK ARE PINK IN COLOUR OMG I CANNOT. And the meter fare is wayyyyyyy cheaper than in Singapore. I think our Government needs to think twice about raising fares AGAIN. We took from Chatuchak to our hotel, which is about the distance from Tampines to Bugis? And there where jams. FOR JUST $6. That is the fare from my house to school please.

SO PRETTYYYYY <3


Shamelessly took a photo in the cab haha.

We also had Swensen's ice cream at the parlour in Platinum!! 

 


In short, Day 1 was full of shopping and more shopping. I brought 8K+ Bahts and was left with only 2K+ Bahts at the end of the day -_- And on the last day I had no choice but to change another SGD$100 to Bahts... So I'm really kinda broke now *sobs*

~ DAY 2 & 3 ~

Okay, the reason why I categorized Day 2 and 3 together is because I can't really remember where we went on each respective days. Yes, I have very poor memory LOL. 

From what I remembered, we went to MBK, Platinum Mall (again, because its the nearest mall from our hotel), Siam Paragon, and of course the market around the hotel. But I kinda got the days messed up so yeah, just gonna share some highlights and more photos! xD

OKAY HONESTLY SPEAKING IDK IF THIS IS PLATINUM, SIAM OR MBK ><


Nah, tourist-wanna-be lai liao. 

Introducing the best churros I've ever eaten in my life. Its so damn crispy and oh so nice!

Hehe.... on the last day Liyana and I went back to the parlour for a Fondue for 2 HAHAHAHA.

We also tried the legendary Mango Sticky Rice and I tell you, its SUPER YUMMY. The food court in Platinum also sells really awesome crepes. They might not look as appealing but the taste is total madness!!!


Here comes the highlight. On the last day, we literally walked about the whole area ourselves while Ms Choo and Celest went else where. We agreed on a meeting time and venue (Platinum again HAHA) before going on our own from the market. So Liyana and I shopped around the market area for clothes and stuff and 40 mins before the meeting time, we decided to start heading to Platinum. We walked and walked and walked and walked and we somehow............ got lost. So we started asking around in really bad English like: "Hello excuse me, Platinum.. where?" "Platinum, left? *points to left*" Blahblahblah and after 45 mins or so we managed to locate the mall. And we rewarded ourselves with McDonald's ice cream and fries :D

Shameless selflies taken while Liyana went to order LOL. The first depicts the tiredness after the long walk and the latter states that even so I'm still cool like ice cream. HAHAHA k lame.

After we had our lunch, we decided to yet again go our own ways before meeting at the hotel lobby to do some last minute pack up before catching our flight. 

So Liyana and I walked around for quite some time and......... I decided to get a new luggage which I really love!! Hard case, bright yellow, 360degrees wheel. AWESOME. So I bought it for SGD$52 and we headed back to the hotel which I guess took us 25mins? We were actually running late so when we reached the lobby, we started doing some packing like transferring my items from Liyana's luggage to my new one cause I got too much stuffs. Then when I started setting the password for my luggage, TROUBLE CAME. I couldn't close the luggage, and when it finally closes, I couldn't open it up with the password I set nor with the universal 000. I PANICKED LIKE TOTALLY, we were really running late. And Ms Choo suddenly said: "No choice, you and Liyana gotta run back to the mall and ask the salesperson for help." I WAS LIKE WTH I HAVE TO CARRY THIS 24INCH LUGGAGE ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE MALL AND CARRY IT BACK AGAIN, BY RUNNING?!?!? But we had no choice but to do so. And so yeah we ran and jogged, and brisk walked, and ran again. The person couldn't unlock it and I eventually had to choose a new one, and hence got a Black one instead. SIGH MY FUNKY YELLOW. But thinking back, it was quite fun running like that.. it felt like it was some kind of mission. Haha Runningman maybe? Just that we looked like 2 teenagers running away after stealing a luggage....LOL. 

But this is by far one of the most unforgettable memory I have in BKK hahahaha. 

After that we took the BTS o the airport, checked in, ate our last meal in BKK, and headed back to Singapore :D

K I also step tourist-wanna-be.


With Celest and her new bearbear! 

Some of my buys ~~~




.
.
.
.
CLASS CHALET

Poly class chalet took place from the 11th to 13th! And yeah so I was away from home for nearing a week. HOW I MISSED MY BED AND PILLOWS. But it was ultimate fun, really. My cravings for BBQ food was satisfied, I bonded well with my classmates through poker card games, water bomb and even simple movie time while eating ramyun cooked by Nicole and Kaixin!

HAHA Ms Kek (our careperson) in her weird position.


Le innovative classmates thought of connecting 4 mattresses together and sleeping head to head so that we can chat :D

All in all, I really enjoyed myself in that whole week. It is my BEST week during the holidays so far and I hope more will come!! ^^ Love TG01 la <3

P/S: Sorry the structure of this post sucks to the max. The orientation of the photos sucks and I totally hate how there will be borders around EVERY SINGLE photo urgh and my sentences only contain parts and pieces cause really, MY MEMORY IS FAILING ME. 

-RCHM-

No comments:

Post a Comment